Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NufanG7

XP Has Started Spastically Rebooting, This is The Error Msg

My computer has just started rebooting randomly, at first I thought it was when I was playing games but its completely random.

these are my specs:

Custom built

Athlon 1.3 ghz

MSI m/b w/raid (VIA chipset)

3 Western Digital 40 gb hd's on RAID

Plextor 8/4/32

generic 10X dvd-rom

12X Plextor cd-rom SCSI

3dfx voodoo 5 5500

Newly installed C-media soundcard w/optical

I have no idea why its doing this but its really pissing me off if anyone has any suggestions I would grealty appreciate them.

hilsdon@direcpc.com

Event Type: Error

Event Source: ACPI

Event Category: None

Event ID: 4

Date: 11/5/2001

Time: 5:09:15 AM

User: N/A

Computer: IAN

Description:

AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to read from an illegal IO port address (0xcfc), which lies in the 0xcf8 - 0xcff protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Data:

0000: 00 00 00 00 04 00 52 00 ......R.

0008: 00 00 00 00 04 00 05 c0 .......À

0010: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

I also have been experiencing the same problems. Any assistance or thoeries from the forum would be very welcome. BTW I deffo don't have a cracked Mobo wink

i had that problem also,

did you get the windows updates?

i did and started having a rebooting issue. then i uninstalled them individually, then reinstalled them individually and i havent had a problem yet.... so far i should say.

Make a new hardwareconfiguration, and u will have two. In one ofe them change driver "acpi" to "standard pc" reeboot have in mind that u maybe have to install all your drivers again

This is due to a driver conflict, most likely. My Philip Seismic Edge caused the same thing. Does your sound card have XP drivers, or are you using 2000 drivers for it? It may also be your Voodoo5 if you are using some of the hacked drivers. Unfortunately, the only way I could fix it was to do a System Restore back to the install restore point. I've since re-installed and haven't had problems. Of course, I'm stuck with using onboard sound for now until Philips releases some XP drivers.

I'm using MSI 6330v3 . I previously had that ACPI err in XP too. After up[censored] the drivers from 3.0 to 3.1, it solved the problem. The err msg doesn't exist anymore.