Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Four and Twenty

how do i enable agp fast writes and side band addressing

I know there's a way, which escapes me. From what I'm told, it's not a big deal, because it doesn't give you enough of a bump to justify the potential for instability.

Uhhh...you might wanna try some new dets, 22.50's I believe didn't disable this...think that's right, not sure tho.

I know there's some other ways to do it, just can't remember.

You don't need them but download NVMAX and give it a whirl. Also your bios may have the options to enable/disable them too. It's a video chipset/driver/motherboard deal. All have to support and enable.

Just d/l the GeForce Tweak Utility. Has tons of crap, including sideband addressing and fast writes controls.

downloaded the geforce teak util and noticed that the agp was set to auto 1x so i set it to 4x. This was the only setting i changed ran a timedemo in q3 and got 26 fps. went back to geforce tweak and set to auto again and got the usual 60 fps. so what is the deal with that why would agp 4x slow the system down?

using the 22.5 drivers by the way if that makes a diff

specs are below

so i set all the settings in the geforce tweak util back to the system defaults then uninstalled it and now i only get 26 fps in quake 3 all the time. WTF that pisses me off. a lot. o well going to reinstall when i get the parts to hook up my scsi drive this week so that will fix it but that just fukin suck that the util left something behind/didn't fix the settings like that. i think next time i'll just leave it alone. runs damn fast if you just install xp with 22.5 driver and install the games and play em.

I hear ya.

I'd get Riva Tuner instead, as the GTU has more tweaks than I knew about. Just skip it, it's a dangerous tool for those who don't know what they're doing with it. I got fed up and uninstalled it.

1850=i850.

Coincedence? I don't think:D (yes, I meant that)