Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Londo Mollari

NEED HELP: Protected mode driver is not responding to EMS fu

If you receive this error then you will be unable to run the game in NT4/NT5/NT5.1 (2000/XP). Your only course is to try VPC (Privateer doesn't work) or boot into real DOS mode.

What's VPC? I got both privateer 1 and 2,pacific strike and strike commander to work with a boot disk. but I'm having some problems with the speed on privateer 2 and the speech on privater 1 and pacific strike. Strike commander works great.

Thanks

VPC is Connectix Virtual PC a PC emulator for Windows 2000. I tried Privateer 1 within it last night and it worked fine.

Is VPC faster than VMWare? If it is I might give it a shot, I have a few games that XPs DOS emulation won't play properly...

hey dosfreak.. do you know of any way to get dos onto a dos virtual hd in vpc without a true floppy disk? i don't have one in my XP machine (security reasons and floppies SUCK! hehe)

anyways, if you knew how i could get dos going on the demo of vpc or if you had a copy of a *small* vhd disk with just dos bootdisk files for getting dos games going, i'd be a super-happy camper. trying to get syndicate going in XP is no fun without dos emulation =(