Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hykster

Unreal Tournament Problem

When I load UT, it comes up with a window that says ERROR and then you click the OK button and then it launches the game in a window.. but for some reason, I CANNOT maximize it or play the game in full screen?

I have a 3dfx Voodoo3 3000 and I downloaded the XP/2000 drivers from ntcompatible.com and it works just fine with other games and runs in 3dfx Glide mode. Anyone else having this problem? Is there a way to get the game to maximize itself? You click on the button to maximize and it doesn't work.. kinda PO'ed, LOL.

Hykster

I cant get it to work at all....however the Direct3D support on my Voodoo5 seems to work fine, though you might have aperformance issue with it on a voodoo3

It might be a performance issue.. but the game still runs and plays and looks fine in a window... but I don't want to play it in a window.. I just can't get it to maximize to full screen, LOL. Oh well. smile

Hykster

I too am having the same problem...it is strange. If anyone knows how to fix it, please share.

Hey Hykster,

I found a solution to the small window problem. Drag the window to the top left had corner of the screen. Put the cursor on the lower right hand corner of the window, leftclick and hold...drag to the botom right of your screen. Hope this works for you, it did for me.

I haven't really tried that yet.. all your doin' is just resizing the window I believe. The window might now be the size of the screen, but it's still bein' played in the window.. which sometimes takes more resources away from you along with not fully using the 3D video card. I just want to play it full screen.. the monitor goes into 800x600 mode and displays the game just like any other game.. with no title bar, menu bar and stuff like that. But I'll do it for the hell of it. Thanks! Laterz!

Hykster

Ive seen this before...and i can't exactly remember how i fixed it. I think it has something to do with the desktop resolution. Change it so the resolution and color for your desktop is the same as it is in the game. For instance, make your desktop 1024x768 16-bit and make it the same thing in the game. I think it has something to do with this, but i can't remember. Try it....hope it works.

Unless you've found glide drivers, you need to tell UT to use the direct 3d driver.

Once that switch is made you s/b fullscreen mode. If not, I think ALT+ENTER still applies (doesn't it?)

Yes, I think Wiggler13 is on the right track.

Unreal recommend using the glide drivers but many graphics cards no longer support it...

http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_20011120_4349.html

Does my NVIDIA-based graphics card support Glide?

NVIDIA-based graphics cards offer hardware 3D support for the industry’s two standard APIs: OpenGL and Direct 3D. Most games available support one of these two APIs, or both. Some older games support a different API called Glide, which was a proprietary API designed for older 3dfx graphics cards. Since Glide was written specifically for 3dfx graphics cards, games running in Glide mode will not work with NVIDIA-based graphics cards. If you have a game you wish to play in hardware 3D mode, select either Direct 3D or OpenGL for your 3D device from within the games settings.