Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Brian Frank

Good News for XP gamers, at least GeForce III Visiontek user

Is that Microsoft driver for the Geforce 3? Is there settings for it like the detonators?

Oh man I don't think it's for the titianium series, I can't be able to find it

I have an Elsa Gladiac 920 and the update doesn't exist there for me either.

Is it specifically P3 & GF3?

erm...Alec, the Elsa Gladiac 920 is a GeForce3.

I've been to the site as well, and didn't get offered a new GeForce driver, but then I'm not using the native WinXP GeForce drivers (they suck for me - 1-2 FPS); maybe it's that, or like Homer says, must be the P3/GF3 combination.

Rgds

AndyF

I think its a Visiontek thing..I get the driver on Windows Update as well.. but I uninstalled it and went back to the Nvidia 21.83's and I'll tell you why.

If you look in Device Manager, your Geforce 3 listing will now read Geforce 3 (Gateway)

Gateway?? I don't have a Gateway computer..wtf is this?

I did a little more poking around and noticed immediately I couldn't raise my resolution to higher than 1024x768. it had 3 whole options.. 640x480 800x600 1024x768

THAT combined with the fact that these drivers were obviously made for a pre-made Gateway computer with a Geforce 3 and didn't suit my system at all, I went back to the Nvidia drivers.

Glad it worked out for you but I'm not limiting the capabilities of my system with these garbage drivers.