Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ciferno

Really long time to logon!!! (as administrator)

Hey guys....!!!.....i was just wondering if any of you had a solution to this problem im having......windows xp will boot up nice and fast...then get to my user login screen...when i choose my administrator account and type my password it takes no less than 2 minutes for me to actually get into my computer...i have tried reinstalling my nic drivers and settings thinking that may be the cause to no avail......thanks for any info!!

Mike

MAN! TWO MINUTES???!!! HMMMMMMM......How much ram do you have? I have a AMD athelon 1 gig processor and 360 mb of ram and it only takes a few SECONDS to load xp!!!!!(corp. version) I would think something is VERY wrong!!! Because it should not take that long under ANY circumstances I am aware of......

My Pentium 3 900/512 laptop goes from cold boot to done in under a minute (including putting in BIOS password and Windows password)

Something seems very wrong...do you have any networking items such as DHCP enabled? That made my W2K Server slow

Quote:

Hey guys....!!!.....i was just wondering if any of you had a solution to this problem im having......windows xp will boot up nice and fast...then get to my user login screen...when i choose my administrator account and type my password it takes no less than 2 minutes for me to actually get into my computer...i have tried reinstalling my nic drivers and settings thinking that may be the cause to no avail......thanks for any info!!

Mike

Don't know if this is your problem, but try disabling your sound card and see if it fixes it. I have a Live, and in Win2k, it would hang for a while when logging in (though not quite that long). But it only did this after installing the sound card drivers. I think it was a problem with Win2k making everything share an IRQ with the Live. If that is the problem, you might be able to change the IRQ in the bios or something.