Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
metical

new ATI Radeon xp drivers dont work for me

I just downloaded this baby wxp_radeon_6_13_3276.exe, basically the latest xp drivers for the radeon on the ati site, but they did not work for me...screen would always flicker a bit, then go blank and thats it...forced to rollback to life without tv out...anyone got them working fine???

They work great for me. I've got them installed for both a RADEON 64 VIVO DDR and a RADEON 32 SDR. The color clarity has improved greatly and I can use my video-out again! smile

What build of XP are you installing them on? And did you uninstall your previous drivers first?

Im using build 2600...this is what i did since they didnt work:

1- updated my bios...no go

2- lower refresh rates...no go

3- lower resolution...no go

What i might do next is use another screen, but the screen I have now goldstar studioworks 78dt5 works great with the radeon xp drivers that come with xp...so ill try changing monitor and post my result.

thanks

These new drivers comes with TV-Out default enabled (Very stupid thing to do). My old old monitor could not display 50Hz so my screen got black, luckily for me my other monitor could so I could use that one to disable TV-Out.

Maybe there is a possibility to disable TV-out in safemode?

Could this be your problem too?

/Toby

It was the stupid tv-out being enabled...I got in with another monitor, and disabled it....now it works fine.

Thanks for the help