Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GH_Hope

ADSL Speed Touch USB - BT Internet ! I Need Help!

Hi there,

Ok, as u might have guessed i have BT internet with a Alcatel Speed Touch USB Modem. When the machine boots up, the modem diagnostics icon in my task bar goes green, which means everything is working fine. When i play counter strike though, I sometimes loose the connection and the icon turns yellow! when this happens i cant get access to the internet anymore unless i restart my machine. Does anyone know why this happens or what does it mean when the icon turns yellow? By any chance is it because BT does not allow on-line gaming? i know this was the case when u had a 56K but though it would have been different with ADSL.

Finally, with my ADSL connection, it takes virtually the same amount of time to open a web page as my 56K did but when i download files it clocks up to around 50 - 60Kbps! and is very fast whilst playing net games! Is this normal for web pages to open so slowly with ADSL?

Iv tried numerous tests on the internet to test my bandwidth and they vary ALLOT! when i first tried the test, I got an averaged of 66Kbps! which is Top-notch. Lately im only getting 12 - 15Kbps. As said b4 though, when downloading files its very speedy though!

Any response would me luvly-jublee

Cheers people

GH_Hope

P.S I dont think this is an XP propbelm because i know LOTS of people who are experiencing this fault with win98 and 2k

Oh god I hope not been my brother just got that modem and I be going up there to set it up hehe lucky dog got 768/384.

Did you have any problem under Win2K?.

Oh by the way Speed TouchTM USB Windows Driver Upgrade 1.4 was release are there I just saw it.

The problems do not occur on win2k just XP...

just thought id see what u lot had to say or think! not allot by the look of it...

Hope