Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cb95amc

Finally - Rogue Spear working under Win2K SP2

I seemed to have spent most of this last weekend trying to get Rogue Spear to work under Windows 2000 SP2.

The problem I was having was that when trying to launch Rogue Spear, the splash screen would appear, but then the game would not load.

Even installing the 2.05 patch did not solve the problem.

Eventually I managed to get things working. Here's how :

(This is the UK version I am using).

Installed Rogue Spear (I recommend a Full Installation, as I has some problems when using the compact).

Installed the UK 2.05 patch (6.8MB) - Note that I had to download "EaxUnified.exe" and place it in the "redist" folder within the Rogue Spear directory in order for the patch to install properly.

Download the NoCD exe from gamecopyworld. The only one that seemed to work was "Rogue Spear v2.05 [uS] No-CD #2" which was 1.5MB.

Extract this and copy it to your Rogue Spear directory (you may want to backup your original EXE first), and overwrite the one that is already there.

That should be it. Even though it is the US NoCD it works perfectly with my UK installation.

Finally, I am able to play RS under Windows 2000 - Hurrah !

Regards

Andrew

Yup, that's one of the biggest gaming hurdles in NT operating systems due to the crappy SafeDisc copy protection. You have to use game cracks. frown

DosFreak,

Fortunately Rogue Spear is the only game where I have had to use a crack to get it working.

Every other game I have works perfectly in Windows 2000.

Regards

Andrew

This is prob a old question and dont feel like searching for it when you guys here seem to know whats up about stuff so here I go.

Im running windows 2000. When I try and install RS on my system I get a: 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem

C:\WINNT|SYSTEM32\AUTOEXE.NT. The system file is not

suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows

applications.

I had it installed once be4 on this comp just it would crash at the screen with the 2 teams and the map info. I uninstalled it and then try to reinstall it this is what I get.. Pls help me some old friends asked me to come back and play for a few days sense our clan isnt that active in some games. Thanks alot for the help people.

That page helped now I know I can get it fixed but the problem still remains cause I was reading the symptoms:

16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem

path to the program that you are trying to start or install

C:\Winnt\System32\config.nt The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.

16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem

config.nt The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.

16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem

C:\Windows\System32\Autoexec.nt The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.

-----------------------------------

My Problem isnt even stated up there I tryed the solutions they gave me still dont work. My error I get is as the following:

C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.... Its jest like the last onw but not windows and the solutions that page gave me said for windows dont got a windows folder like 98 im running 2k.

I couldn't really understand what you are saying.

Basically you need to copy autoexec.nt and config.nt from c:\windows\repair to c:\windows\system32

if you reboot and the problem happens again then you probably have a virus and need to scan your system.

Quote:

C:\Windows\System32\Autoexec.nt The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.
-----------------------------------

My Problem isnt even stated up there I tryed the solutions they gave me still dont work. My error I get is as the following:
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT

Quote:

... My Problem isnt even stated up ...

Yes it is.

:P

c:\WINNT\system32\autoexec.nt = c:\WINDOWS\system32\autoexec.nt.

The WINNT folder can be WINDOWS folder in some Windows installations and vice versa.

Do as dosfreak suggested.