Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
StaTik

Asus P4T & Win2k install help

I bought a Asus P4T about a week ago and have been trying to install Win2k on this new system. When the 2k setup starts it prompts you to press F6 and give it a controller driver but none of the drivers I have found work. I have tryed the 1005 bios update and drivers from Asus and Intel meeting the boot device blue screen every time. I'm stuck here in the hell that is Win98 and I cant get out can someone please help me. I'm about to give up on Asus and go with a Abit TH7-Raid if I can't get this fixed.

We got P4T's and P4 1.4Ghz at the university and they run real great, fast as hell. So the mobo isn't incompatible with Win2k. Intel's site is down right now, but I remember they released some updated chipset and motherboard drivers you may want to check it out. When you press F6, you are trying to load an external SCSI/IDE/RAID Driver if you aren't using that channel for your hard disk you can bypass it or install the OS by using the default motherboard channels and then mess around with it after.

This the the mobo's default chanel. The P4T has the Intel Ultra ATA IDE's on the board and thats all there are, no normal old UDMA IDE's are on this thing.

P4 1.5

IBM 20gig ATA66 7200rpm on an 80 wire cable

Kenwood 72X

16X DVD-ROM

Visiontek GF3

SBLive value

Linksys 10/100 NIC

Belkin 4 port USB hub

MS keyboard with 2 USB hub

HP P1000 USB

MS Explorer USB

Visioneer 2400 DPI scaner LPT

The place I bought the mobo from called me today they got a Abit TH7-Raid in. I think i'm just going to go with it. My P3 700 is on a Abit BE6-2 and i have never had these problems with it. Thanks for yor help, Your not the only one I have stumped with this thing not excludeing Asus tech support.

good luck with the abit. I once had an Abit but it died on me, so I got an Asus. Some people have luck with Asus while others use Abit. As long as it works.