Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
emthompson

Norton Anti-Virus

When I install NAV 2002 I always get a script error when NAV tries to configure its self. I looked on the symantic website and they said that they were aware of this error but they haven't been able to reproduce it so they dont know what the problem is. I have been able to reproduce it on both of the computers that I have put XP on. I was just wondering if anyone had a fix or a work around for this.

Anybody know if Norton Speedisk 2002 has the ability to consolidate the directories also (like diskkeeper does) ?

H

I had that same issue, with installing NAV 2002,

Basically, I uninstalled and installed twice and it worked.

After the first install, which I received the script error, when the dialog box pops up and says "configurating NAV...", I cancelled out of it. uninstalled the program. And manually ran regedit and searched and deleted all reg- keys that were left over and all the symantec directories and navnt directory and files...

I installed it again and then it worked....

Not sure if this will work for you... but it did for me.

Hey all,

I was having the same problems installing norton, and I think I know what the problem is. My disc, although it showed no signs of any scratches or anything, was bad. Luckily I had an image of the disc. This time I extracted the image and installed it from the hard drive and everything was fine.

I don't know if this is a special case, but I would look into trying that. If you have the norton antivirus 2002, make an image of it using CDRWIN or something (using your CDR drive as your reader - they are better at reading discs), extract the image to a local folder, and then install.

I tried just copying files over to the HD from the disc and installing but that didn't work.

hope it helps,

riz

P3 700 Abit BE6-II motherboard

512Mb RAM

Windows XP Professional