Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Xiven

FANTASTIC new program you can use the CIA uses...for free! a

Thanks for the info. Personally I use HTTPort/HTTHost when I want to bypass a firewall. This one seems interesting though in that it seems to create a network of host machines.

Hey, I'm on a school network and want to bypass some stuff the IT guys put on the firewall ... anything i can do? lol ... I'm tryin to do some things, but they've closed every damn port out there!

Yeah, either the one AlecStaar mentioned or the one I did will allow you to do just that. Read the FAQs at both those sites and then come back if you have any questions smile

From what I read, not sure if I'm correct, but what I got out of it is that it's used for when you're browsing the net ... I'm talking about passing thru the firewall that's setup at my school ...

An example of one thing I'm trying to do is use RogerWilco, the voice proggy for when you're playin say online games ... I can't use it because they've shut off the ports the proggy needs to run ... any clues as to what I can do? Also, they've blocked the ports that allow people to upload to my ftp ...

Thanks smile

-TB

AlecStarr: Please let me know where you got your information about that program. Particularly, how you know for sure the CIA uses it. I work for the department of defense and have about the highest security clearance you can get, and have never heard of that program. Oh yes...kudos on your CD-ROM alarm clock software. It works nicely.

Everyone else: You might want to be aware that most good administrators will not allow users to install software, so if you're trying to install this to bypass firewalls or whatever, you will probably get stopped right at installation time. Something to keep in mind. smile

Have a good day

-Ben

laugh

Thanks for responding....

In terms of my job, I can't reveal that information. I am a network security engineer and LAN/WAN administrator. Let's just say that I'm an Active employee. smile

I will be changing jobs in April...On to bigger and better things!

-Ben

Hmm... about the program in the first post... If i have a FTP server... will it be unusable to my friends if I apply this IP changing thingy? Do I require a DNS thing for my friends to still be able to log in to my FTP?

BTW... Alecstarr plz send that CDROM wake up to me smile

Quote:

AlecStarr: Please let me know where you got your information about that program. Particularly, how you know for sure the CIA uses it. I work for the department of defense and have about the highest security clearance you can get, and have never heard of that program. Oh yes...kudos on your CD-ROM alarm clock software. It works nicely.

Why do you think that you would have heard of all the software that another agency uses? I am just curious, as my mother worked for DIA, and wouldn't be able to list all the software that the FBI, CIA, DoD, etc. would use. And yes, she also has a rather high clearance. Do have the ability to recurse all the software that these agencies use? And if so, wouldn't discussing that here not be such a good idea?

smile

APK:

As for the security clearance, it's "easier" (relative term) to get that type of designation if you are active duty or have strong political ties. My mother's clearance took a little over 5 years to get her to her highest level before she retired.

The reason that I would know is because most of the software that is used for certain things is standard throughout most agencies of the government. Discussion of such things on the board is not of a concerning nature due to the availiability of the information. It's not classified. For example, Kane's security toolbox is used in every agency of the government. I was suprised, because I had not yet heard of the program when I have dealt with members of that agency and others concerning information security...and that's all I'll say about that smile