Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DremNeonBlack

Netscape 6.1

I installed Netscape 6.1 because my Internet Bank didnt support IE6 at all. Its working great and all, I was just wondering if you had any experiences from using NS6.1 in winXP2600?

Are there sites that are ONLY funtioning with IE? Because that´s what my friend tells, he hates Netscape by the way smile

Quote:

I installed Netscape 6.1 because my Internet Bank didnt support IE6 at all.

Wow... i thought this should be the other way around..
I always hear website that supports IE only.

Netscape is HEAPS good. i'm using Opera 5.12 and it does a VERY good job- but has problems with some Java sites like Hotmail.com .

i think Netscape does the job just as well as IE. My only problem is: i try to avoid IE as much as possible- i just don't like Micro$oft in the way they r a monopoly.

Yeah blah blah blah nutscrape suX0rs. He was asking if it works try to be helpful next time instead of trying to be l337 m'kay.

I downloaded and installed Netscape 6.1 because I know my users who will use XP in the future like Netscape and will use it and as a official beta tester it is the thing to do to test it.

and i was responding with a comment towards Netscape, saying that Mozilla was far better and that it was compatible with WinXP. M'kay?

Quote:

and i was responding with a comment towards Netscape, saying that Mozilla was far better and that it was compatible with WinXP. M'kay?

In otherwords trying to be l337. ;(

Quote:

In otherwords trying to be l337. ;(

But Mozilla is far better. Have you tried it? http://www.mozilla.org - Netscape 6.1 is based on the 0.9.1 (ie. older) build of Mozilla and with all the extra things that AOL loves to bundle with it (hence why it is "bloatware").