Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lager_brains

Belkin Omnicube KVM - mouse freezes

I cannot for the life of me work out why after around several months of ownership of a Belkin Omnicube KVM 4-port switch box with no problems at all, it has now decided not to work.

Basically, I have two machines, connected to this switch box and before I was able to switch between each machine with no problems.

Then out of the blue, I have this problem (the pointer freezes or sometimes simply isn't there on startup - happens on either machine).

Belkin reckoned it was to do with firmware so they sent me a replacement box, which worked the very first time I tried it. But now it too does not work (pointers freeze on startup with this new box).

It all happens on start up. Start any machine up and at the point during the startup of W2k (SP2) where the pointer appears on the screen, I find it simply doesn't move and won't move. Occasionally, the pointer isn't there at all !

frown

I cannot think of any software that I have recetnly installed which would have caused this.

The only likely candidates (simply from a 'when they were installed' point of view) are;

Winamp (very unlikely),

McAfee DAT updates (possible ?),

SP2 (very unlikely, it was working fine for at least 6 weeks with SP2 installed),

I've also tried using a simply 2-button Microsoft mouse (instead of my preferred 3-button Intellimouse Pro) - this makes no difference

8)

Please Guys, you've gotta help - this is desperate.