Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
reversing_drive

How Big Is your Registry?

1. 1. Sharepoint migration 2010

• Migrating to Sharepoint 2010

28MB, and the install was a couple of weeks ago. I have IE6, SP2 (with various hotfixes), Adobe Photoshop 6, Illustrator 9, InDesign 1.5, Pagemaker 7, Acrobat 5, Macromedia Flash 5 and Generator 2 extensions, MS Visual Studio 6 Enterprise Edition (with full MSDN Library install), Bryce 5, Office XP with FrontPage, Quake 3 Arena, SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager, Visio 2002 with Network Tools (and MSDE installed for use with network auto-discovery feature), McAfee VirusScan 4.5.1, Trillian, and some other stuff...

smile

I still have to install Solidworks 2001 (and plugins like CosmosWorks), but I just haven't gotten around to it.

edit

Oh, and Adobe GoLive! 5. I don't see why I forgot about it since I was just using it, but oh well.

Man thats huge 8) Clutch.

I wasn't really sure of what increments to use in the Poll:

I thought my Registry would be big,

Apps: Acrobat4(Full Prod.), AOE2, Dreamweaver4, Encarta99, Eudora5, Fireworks3, Homesite4.5, Office2000 Premium ed.(Full Install), MS Access97, Nutscrap4.7, CorelPhotohouse2, Java 2 SDK Ver1.2.2 Stardard Ed., Java 2 SDK Enterprise Ed. Ver1.2, Mcafee 5.21

+ Many Small apps Morpheus, ICQ, Winamp, Winzip, Zonealarm ect..

Though they must not be so registry dependant huh?

I would say the M$ software would be contributing to the Reg size the most huh, Visio, MSDN ect.. ?

Yeah you have to admit it is reassuring running all that under Win2K, It simply wouldn't work in Win9x/ME laugh

So what is the registry size of W2K just after a clean install? I probably should've checked that first.

You should probably adjust the Poll to properly accomodate for you, I think only you (The Moderator) can do that, right?

Hi Clutch

I think were in the same line of work. I see you use Solid Works 2001

I use Catia V5 r4 And Solid Edge V 10 could be using Solid Works soon, what do you think of the software.

Thanks

Cheers smile

Solidworks is for our Engineering dept primarily, but I use it to take existing models and tweak them for use in presentations and the like. It works rather well, and you can get a large amount of functionality for a really low price with this parasolid-based app.

19 megs here. I don't use any program that removes anything from the registry, no matter who makes it. I do use a little program called Reg Compact, but it just shrinks your registry if there's free space.

49 Mbytes, I installed in October last year, and occasionally compact the registry hives to trim the thing down a little (I've done it three or four times over the year and it's trimmed about 1 Mbyte each time).

What's the exact methodology for figuring this out?

Anyway my winnt\system32\config directory is 57MB -- NTS 4.0 Server originally installed in 98, upgraded along the way to W2K latest and greatest (including VS.NET beta which seems to have lots of registry voodoo.)

Right Click My Computer, Properties, Advanced, Performance Options, Change, and there it is.

31MB!

It is not that bad.

Apps,

OrCAD 9.1, MM Dreamveaver Udev, Office XP pro with FP etc, Adobe acrobat 5, Photoshop 6.01, SQL Server 2K Enterprise, IE6 & NS6, all the usual crap of winamp, winace etc., Winfax, Nav 2k1, ghost 2k1, Nero 5.5, PGP, Some small apps.

It does not bother me nor does it affect me there is 1 GB Ram and 300GB HD Space smile

mine is 17megs on a 5anda half month install

not too bad compared with some others here i guesscool