El Mariachi

CPU or Nvidia choke up with all games.

Sys specs:

abit Kt-7 RAID updated to latest bios

Geforce2 GTS 32mb updated to latest drivers

1ghz Tbird

256mb RAM

SBLive! installed with recommended XP drivers

Whether or not this is an issue, I have ACPI going.

In every game, about 8-10 minutes of gameplay, my graphics/cpu seems to lag up. It doesn't crash, and it only lasts for a few seconds. I was hosting a server at a LAN and everyone complained of lag when my machine experienced it. Anyone have any suggestions of what I can do to fix this problem?

I have it with:

Tribes 2

Half-life

Madden 2002

I experienced simalar slow downs in Win2k before.

Games worked fine then all of a sudden it locked up for a few seconds then back to normal again.

I have not seen this behaviour in WinXP yet.

I never figuerd out what caused the slow downs in Win2k frown

Do you get any harddrive activity during this time? It could be swap file activity. Normally, when I see this behavior on a machine with 256MB or less, it's because I forgot to lock the page file. On a machine with 256MB or more, I tend to set the swap file to 200MB depending on the apps I use.

I used to get COMPLETE freezes for 8-10 seconds every once an hour or so when I played Diablo 2 and Tribes 2. I narrowed it down to the SB Live card. It only happend on EAX games. Anyway, I downloaded the SHS's sblive drivers and those things flattended those problems out well. This is all on Win2k. And I never had the problems in D2 until I bought the Live card. To try to narrow it down, try diasbling EAX on half life and try it then.. see if it pauses then.

jeff