Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kidicarus

Soyo Dragon Motherboard

[soyo Dragon Motherboard]Has anybody successfully installed XP on this board? When i boot from cd and the setup loads it hangs when it says "starting winxp". This is right before u would press f8 to accept agreement. Ive installed this version on many other pc's and it works fine. any thoughts or suggestions?

I am having the same problem installing XP on my Soyo Dragon MoBo. I'm guessing it will be fixed with a BIOS update....but when?!?!?!mad

Hope someone can figure this out. I have the same problem as the above (ie, you can get only so far in the installation of XP and the computer switches off). Took the darn thing to CompUSA and they took it down to just the graphics card and motherboard but couldn't do any better. They called Microsoft and were told it was a hardware problem, then called Soyo and they blamed the operating system. I've emailed Soyo about a week ago but gotten no reply. I've since tried loading Windows 2000 but get the same results. If anyone knows anything I would appreciate any insight.

Hey-

I recently had the same run ins you all are having with the Dragon Plus. Basically, even after multiple calls to Soyo's call center, nothing worked. Their workarounds were moronic at best. I've got news for you...if the thing is giving you problems INSTALLING an OS, then this thing will have a troubled life ahead. The compatability with XP and 2000 is pathetic. My suggestion? Do what I did: Return it and get a stable, proven motherboard like the Asus A7V266-E. Absolutely no problems, and from what I've seen in online reviews, it hands Soyo it's a** in terms of performance.