Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scoot

Via 4in1 AGP driver won't install...WTF?

Damn...I downloaded the new 4.33 4in1. But When I install them my AGP driver doesn't get an upgrade...I tried to install the stand alone AGP driver but the program just exits when I try!

All games run fine xcept the 3dmark benchies...it's stuck @ AGP 2x

Anyone know how to get them installed?

Specs:

- Abit KT7A-TAID

- T-Bird 1000@1333MHz (10x133)

- Hercules 3D Prophet II UltrA

- 512MB Ram

- SB Live!

- 3Com 905C NIC

btw I'm running Win XP 2600 Pro with detonator 14.60

Sounds like a similar problem to the one that I am having. So far the only way I've been able to make any 3d app runable is to disable AGP 4x in the BIOS ...which really sucks.

Ah I forgot to mention something...I have ACPI set to disabled in BIOS...maybe that's the cause of the problem?

OMG I had a fix for that via install problem but I forgot it. Let me get back to you. I have a txt file on how to correct at home. Hope you don't mind waiting frown

I've tried to manually install the AGP drivers...but upon rebooting I couldn't run any 3D apps becuz windows couldn't find a 3D device confused

I've stepped back to bios 3C but that doesn't work either

M: first off

M: get the via 4in1 4.33 beta drivers

M: http://www.magic-pro.com/download/via/4in1433v.zip

M: then, go into device manager and delete the one that is having trouble finding drivers

M: (right c lick my computer, select "manage")

M: then the "Device manager" in the list

M: once you delete the faulty one, run the 4n1 installer

M: then reboot

M: that should clear it up

M: it was driving me nuts tryingto reboot all the time

M: err

M: i mena

M: it was driving me nuts trying to detect that hardware every time i rebooted =P

J: 4in1.. version 4.33 beta right?

M: ya

J: right.. yea i know it pisses me off

M: http://www.magic-pro.com/download/via/4in1433v.zip

if you want the AGP driver to install the installer has to be run in 2k compatability mode.

Quote:

if you want the AGP driver to install the installer has to be run in 2k compatability mode.

Quote:
From viahardware.com
4.33 Final- Update Via inf driver from version 1.20a to 1.30, add quickly and silent install function, modify Bitmap picture, and fixed setup issue under windows XP

THATS BECAUSE THE 4.05c AGP DRIVER IS NOT DESIGNED FOR XP!!!!! It is designed for 2000, so you have ot use the 2k compatability mode. Also don't contratict me when i know something works.

An earlier post suggested/mentioned changing ACPI.

Leave it alone! Messing with ACPI in Win2k is bad, and I would expect the same from XP. Don't say you weren't warned...