Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
oXide

How to back up programs only

I've been trying really hard for the last year since win2k has come out to keep my system state nice and clean so I wouldnt have to format....I've been succesfull for the last 13 months or so, but now I am seeing serious problems that I cant fix. I installed winxp over it but it didnt fix anything

With the same installation for 13 months, i've built up hella programs...(3 collums of progs in 16x12). Is there a way I can back up just my programs, format my hd, install XP, then restore the progs and registry entries for them. There are other things in my "system state" that I would rather not restore because my system will just be messed up again right. I know i can backup everything, format and restore everything but it will restore the probs too...I just want my programs. I wish stupid backup had this option

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

oXide{

i815, P3-1000

ultra160 boot

ide RAID Storage (weak *** ide)

geforce3

};

Has it occured to you that your problem might be caused by the fact that you have "built up hella programs...(3 collums of progs in 16x12)" But even if you had just a few I doubt that you could back up only the appropriate parts of the registry.

Outlook XP

Outlook 2000

Eudora

Using WIN XP, curious what everyone likes and why? (BTW-used them both, but can decide what one i want to use as my default).

smile

LOL

Sorry bout that

meant to make that a topic

I run WINRESCUE XP

search for it

awesome backup program