Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Twiglet

Counter-Strike, yet again

Hi well i seem to be having roughtley the same problem as some of the other people here just with the added element of my keyboard.

my basic problem is that the it dosent seem to register i have pressed or released a button (like walk/fire etc...) for a few seconds wich leave me running into walls and shooting late etc...

at first i thought it was because CS wouldnt recognise open gl with the default XP driver set or the AOpen XP drivers but i fixed that by getting the latest nVidia beta detonator driver's and thats enabled open gl but i'm still getting the same problem. I tested it on an empty server and everything seemed fine but then i joined a server with about 10 people and got the same problem, came for a visit here and tried everything suggested in the other CS posts to no avail, so if anyone can think of anything else i would apreciate it alot.

on a related note the same thing happens while scrolling through files with the arrow keys in explorer.

Thanks

Twig

Edit - i forgot to mention i'm using Windows XP Professional (2600)

I also got the keyboard problem. I notice it the most when I strafe from side to side. It seems to be lagging whenever I change directions. Please help !! I´m a huge CS fan and I need to be able to play this game....gaaaahhh !!

I had no problems whatsoever with CS, therefore you cannot say its a bug. It can lay in different areas:

1. Net performance low (low pings generate jerky movements)

2. Graphic Details set too high by default (nvidia drivers)

3. Too much Hdd paging (not enough RAM available)

Post your system config next...

palos it is a winxp thing - i dunno how i fixed it but it had something to do with mouse accel turned off and installing det4s

there is a command in cs u can turn off the wierd mouse setting cant remember where i saw it but xp turns this command on by default - som ppl have it some ppl dont

i am suffering from the keyboard lag and the mouse lag as well.

if anyone knows how 2 fix it id be very greatfull. (btw tapek the -noforcemparms is a seperate issue regarding the built in mouseacceleration of xp. all that command does is overright it.)