Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Donald2B

Top Selling Video Cards?

I am not really certain what category this falls under but here is what I am looking for.

I am looking for a list of the top selling video cards for August? Or for any recent numbers or things like that.

I am currently working on some softward that I will need to make sure that I test on all of the major gaming video cards. So if I could find a list of the most popular by sales that would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance!

You're obviously only worried about supporting the current crop of video cards, so providing your software runs with the nVidia GeForce series (from the orginal upto the GF3), ATi cards (the Radeon would be the best bet here) and the Kyro II chipset cards you shouldn't have much to worry about.

If you want it to run on gaming cards, then sticking to standard APIs such as DirectX and OpenGL will mean that your software should run on just about anything.

The application is OpenGL. But different video cards do things differently. For testing purposes I was hoping to find a publicized list of cards. I would then take this list to the purchasing department and say give me two of everything on the list. But I agree with you of the cards that you mentioned. I was also not certain about any of the Matrox cards.

Matrox support is a must. Although if your software is more graphics intensive than Quake 3 at 1024X768 with all options it will be very slow (20+fps on a G400).

The app is a game. That is all I can say right now.

What about compaq, ibm, and gateway. What are those machines coming equiped with. GeForce 2 MXs?

In some cases, yes, but I've seen more than a few equipped with the TNT2's.

The biggest bang for the buck is probably a card with a GF2Pro. @ $150 you can't go wrong. Look at newegg.com

Cool...Thanks all for your input. I talked to the purchasing department and they are going to just let me recommend which cards to get so that will work out just fine.

Thanks Again!