Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Detonator problems - GeForce3

Ok guys, this is already known but since I still haven't solved this problem (and most of you have) I have to post this.

I have problems with ALL Detonator drivers (XX.XX since I have GeForce3). The system suddenly dies in desktop (freezes --> the audio can contnue though) and sometimes after a while reboots itself. After the reboot I get an "Error report" message saying that NVIDIA GeForce3 caused the problem (the stuff about the endless loop).

Anyway, most of you that suffered from this problem have TNT/TNT2 cards and it seems solved when using Detonator 14.61 or 14.70. Sadly this isn't the case for me. Those drivers still seem to cause problem. The only driver that works is in fact the one provided by Microsoft (based on 12.40 but without all NVIDIA menues).

Now I wonder if the problem is in fact caused by some setting in the driver that is (or has to be) changed. I wonder furthermore if the high error frequency on my system could depend on some other hardware or software conflict.

All suggestions and possible solutions are welcomed.

My system specs:

TB 1.33

Aopen AK73 Pro(A) KT133A

256 SDRAM

Elsa Gladiac920 GeForce3

I tried a whole bunch of drivers... 12.41, 12.90, 14.10, 14.61, 14.70 are those that I remember now smile

still no luck even with the fresh DetonatorXP drivers (21.80)...

very annoying..

the only ones that work are the built-in Microsoft-drivers.. frown

btw I found a really easy way to reproduce this error..

1. right-click on desktop

2. choose properties

3. choose the "desktop"-tab

4. click on Browse (to find a background image)

5. close the popup-browse-window without selecting any file

6. repeat 4 and 5 few times

Same story everytime, the cursor freezes and the machine reboots. Back in Windows I get a message about problems with the graphics card (drivers) and I'm asked to send a error-report to MS.

This happens in all XX.XX Detonator that I've tested.

If anyone has any idea how to fix this - please answer or send me an email.