Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
stevlo

Firewall and Suse pro 9.0 with Win xp

I have a dual boot system with suse 9.0 pro,and win xp.I was wondering if you can setup the suse firewall so that it acks as a firewall when surfing with win xp?Can this be done?if so can anyone help me out?Thanks alot for all the help. laugh

I may be wrong, but I can't see how it would be possible. When you boot your computer, it will be controlled by either one OS or the other. I don't believe it is possible to run both operating systems on the same machine simultaneously. In my view running a Suse server on a different box and having it act as a firewall would be a more practical solution.

If I'm completely wrong about this, I would love to hear anyone explain how it could be done the way you are asking though.. smile

Quote:
I may be wrong, but I can't see how it would be possible. When you boot your computer, it will be controlled by either one OS or the other. I don't believe it is possible to run both operating systems on the same machine simultaneously. In my view running a Suse server on a different box and having it act as a firewall would be a more practical solution.
If I'm completely wrong about this, I would love to hear anyone explain how it could be done the way you are asking though.. smile

Dapper, is there a firewall available for Cygwin? ;(

Quote:
I don't know. Cygwin is too confusing for me.. smile

I can't find it on the site, but I thought maybe that would work... 8)