Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Neus

linux gaming systems

im a gammer, and sure my desktop that i use for my gamming needs, but sometimes i cant get on the desktop cause other family members are on it (its a windows 2000), and so i would play games on my laptop (when it was still windows) which is now currently mandrake 9.2... now i know mandrake 8.1 gaming edition is great if you also want to play a few games cause it comes with transgaming winex or something right? also ive heard of gentoo a bit... is there a more current good gaming system?? like does mandrake 10 support games that well??

also those wine and winex programs confuse me a bit of how they work.. i mightve installed mine wrong on my mandrake 9.2 (i used the rpm on the cd... but i got all confused...)

so any suggestions for a good distro to switch to and which version for gaming? just minor gaming.. mostly i would just like support to games like baldur's gate series n stuff that doesnt require that good of a graphics card (its pretty low on my laptop)

You should check out Morphix's gamers live cd. Just set you bios to boot cd, drop the cd in the beverage tray and hang on! There a zillion games for you to play!

so its just kinda throw the cd in, set ur bios and ur set? few questions i have is, can i play the games i own, like baldurs gate with it? or do i have to load up games on that cd only... also can i take that cd out and put in another cd.. and if u can only play the games on the cd, can i find a list of the games offered on it?

Look around on the Morphix site. I'm sure there must be a list of the games on that cd somewhere. While you have the Morphix Gamers cd in, the games and the operating system are both running from the cd. As far as your other games are concerned, check out Transgaming.com and see if any of them are supported. If so, then you could run it via Winex3 on your regular distro which is pretty easy to do.

thing about transgamin is it requires too much cash.. lol... 5 whole bucks for at least 3 months... 15 bucks... lol... nyways, ill see if my mom agrees to it... casue she would be the one paying for it and i would in return pay her for it... sooo yeh...