Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Palos

Best Linux Browser Poll

1. 1. Sharepoint migration 2010

• Migrating to Sharepoint 2010

I just want to know which one comes on top, in terms of font support, mouse wheel support, correct display of webpages, ease of installation of Flash/Shockwave/Java, etc....

I personally didn't like Mozilla, after I installed Java, the text in Javascript menus was more than unreadable, crappy size and quality.

LOL did anyone get IE 6 to work on Linux?

I am using the CVS version of KDE 3.1-ish.. And Konqueror is doing quite good... As for Mozilla et al, I miss the AA fonts and whatnot.

Though not open source, Opera has to be the fastest browser in terms of rendering that I have come across. I do have to fire up Netscape for many things such as Java, but then again I am only using v5.0 of Opera.

best browser for linux... must be galeon.

it's fast, uses little system resources and you can use the netscape plugins...

plus most important: it's open source

Galeon has a very elegant and nice interface, unfortunately, it crashed a lot on my Mandrake Linux 8.2 (after upgrading to mozilla.org 1.0 and Galeon 1.25), so for now I will stick with mozillar.org.

Well, I'm just happy to get the Java JRE finally working as a plugin with Mozilla. Once it was done, it turned out to be quite simple, but it was a matter of getting used to the mentality.

Strange, back on WinXP if I ever ran Klient + MoZilla, I would get terrible RAM mangement. Either one on it's own is fine, and Klient + any other browser worked fine too. That's why I've used Opera ever since...

Eddd

Try out Phoenix, the new lightweight elegant browser based on mozilla.org.

EDIT: mozilla 1.2b just got released. These guys are working fast laugh .

Yeah, I'm gonna put in a plug for Phoenix, too. Nice and small and fast, and the Windows version is pretty nice, too! You just unzip it and run it, no install needed.

The first time I tried Phoenix (v0.3 on Win32) I was far from impressed. It was just as slow as regular Moz and only a few megs smaller (7Mb as opposed to 10 for the regular Moz). I ran 0.5 on Linux for a short while last night and I was completely taken by surprise. At more than twice the size of Opera it's still too big but at least the speeds been improved. I wonder if the Win32 version has seen a similar performance boost...

I'm a big of Phoenix myself, and I was never a fan of Opera. I run Phoenix in both Linux and Windows. I like that there's no installer, just untar it, move it to /opt, and symlink the executable to /usr/bin.

Mozilla..

It's the most stable. The fonts can be changed.

Java works. No problems.

Netscape..

See Mozilla -- they are the same thing.

Galeon is basically Mozilla with a different front end, which is nice. I don't need it.

Konquerer has some really good stuff, but if your just browsing you don't need it

IE sux. It has nothing. Just opens web pages. That's all it does, no features at all. Is the number one reason people feel they need to reinstall windows.

Opera has some great ideas, It's too cluttered with stuff

Links is great too.

If you really need it you'll know why