Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nightwolf09

Detonator 3 14.61 seems to fix the problem with TNT2

I have a TNT2 ultra and I was experiencing the random BSOD in XP RC2 and I tried 14.61 drivers for win2k and the problem has stopped. These drivers have a slight perormance drop in comparison to the 12.90 drivers, but i dont have the random BSOD problem. If anyone else has this problem try these drivers.

TNT2 Ultra Cards have problems with WHQL drivers. Use the Non-WHQL drivers (available on NVidia's Site)

Thanks for the INFO..I think I will try it in RTM build of XP ...

I haven't had any luck with any Detonator drivers with my 32 MB TNT2 (NON-WHQL or otherwise) in XP until I tried the 14.70. They seem to work really well. I don't get any more BSODs, and performance is good, although a little slower than the 12.x series in Win 2k. However, the hit is minimal. When you're in the 40+ FPS mark, a few frames less per second really don't matter all that much.

The bottom line is that when it comes to stability, I'm willing to sacrifice a few frames per second.

I just tried to install 14.61 drivers on my TNT2U (Diamond V770) and it just works fine with WinXP RTM HOME EDITION..No BSOD or Stuck during the normal activity...

Did anyone know how to fix the Power Option for Monitor? I just set my monitor turn it off after 2 minutes if there's no mouse movemnt. When i used the most orginial driver (v6.5) the monitor goes off and the orange light (my Monitor Acer 56C) will blink...it simply means the monitor really goes off..However any version other than 6.5 will turn my monitor off too but the orange light will turn SOLID orange ..which means the monitor doesn't turn it off all..

I'm getting bsod's with a tnt2 ultra and xp pro final. Some detonators work on the desktop and not in games, some don't work even on the desktop. The latest detonator 4 just released for xp gives bsod's within minutes just looking at the desktop. The 14.61 detonator seems to work until I start HalfLife where it just bsod's before even coming to a menu. I've tried so many different drivers this is driving me nuts. Of course the default xp drivers work very stable but there's no opengl support which I need.

Just wondering what chipset/mobo you guys have. I'm using an asus cuv4x-e which has this god forsaken via chipset. I've tried with and without the via agp inf installed with the same results.

For anyone who cares, the nvidia 7.52 driver is the only one working for me reliably in xp pro final and this tnt2 ultra.

6.18, 6.50, 14.61, 21.81 works perfectly for me in WinXP Pro system..No BSOD for both Desktop and Games.

Well, even the 7.52 dies on me. I've tried about 20 different drivers and everyone of them bsod's at some point within a day. Some right away. It must be the combination of this asus cuv4x-e and viper770u card on xp. I'm fine if i leave the default driver from xp installed, but I need opengl. Oh well, this why i dual boot to win2k. =/