Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spectr3

Random BSODs with Abit KT7-RAID

I get BSODs randomly, forcing me to reboot. Sometimes it says PAGE FAULT IN NON-PAGED AREA, sometimes it says MEMORY MANAGEMENT, and sometimes it doesn't give any reason. Also it sometimes lists some kind of file, like win32k.sys or nv4disp.dll, but I don't know if the file are the culprit because I've reinstalled WinXP many and the same problem happens. I've had this problem with both 2517 and 2526 (RC2). Anyone know what the problem might be? Thanks.

Change your video card drivers, preferrably not the Herc drivers unless the card has some specific function you need. The Herc drivers gave me Blue screens in Win2k so I stopped using them and have used the reference drivers since. I know this is XP, but I found this out pretty soon after I got my Herc MX card.

Also, snag the latest BIOS for your motherboard.

Question: Does this happen randomly, or only on certain apps or games or specific files.

I could also be your ram, so you might want to take out a stick if possible and bearable.

I use detonators (right now i'm using 14.61 but the problem occurs no matter what detonator, even 8.0x and even when i'm using generic driver). The problem occurs randomly, sometimes when I play quake3, other times when i'm browsing the web with IE. And I have the latest BIOS version r03.

Have you always had it overclocked? XP doesn't seem to be too friendly toward OC'ers, and that has caused me some problems.

Try some different ram next.

Sounds like something corrupted, and overclocking can do that, so try backing off some or setting it all the way back and see if the problems go away.

the old GF's sucked a lot of power out of your system, try another video card and see if that helps.

Yeah, not getting enough juice is a problem. If you're unable to try eddie's suggestion, I'd check my Power Supply. If it's not at least 300watts, there's your problem.

could it be the raid driver?

because i have the KT7 without RAID, a Geforce 256 DDR, a live! value and plus more on my computer. But i haven't experienced any BSOD in 2K, RC1 and RC2

Defo back down your O Clocking m8, till youve dissproved it dont even turn it up one little bit. That very thing has caused me some grief. Even had the nv4disp one myself. Shot through loads of drivers and still the same. Backed my machine down and all came right.

Ps also had trouble or said it did about the Tapi installed.

Good luck and hang with it, XP is worth it.