Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFlash

Asus V7700 Drivers

Anyone get tv in to work on the asus geforce cards.

or know what drivers works.

I Know the nvidia one works but they don't sopport TV In

frown

Tv in works on my v7700 deluxe. All I did was install the asus live utility which gives you the option to install the asus video capture driver. After that is worked fine.

I also have an asus v7700 deluxe.

I installed the video-in capture drivers on my computer and the same as in windows 2000 happens. When I want to watch TV via asus-live I get choppy images (I'm ussing the Live function BTW). I have to change the settings from asus-live in order to get normal quality, but as soon as I switch channels (on my video-recorder) I have to change the settings again. Anyone have any idea what is causing this (I posted this in the hardware forum from 2000 too a little while ago).

Also I found the 14.40 drivers to be the best drivers because they don't return you to windows in max payne (thus 3dmark2001) or give strange textures in need for speed porsche unleashed.

BTW if you want the latest capture driver then download ASUS live 4.6beta5. It has a newer capture driver (version 1.3, 1.1 give the same results as the 1.3 capture driver refuring to my problem frown ).

Asus Video for Windows capture driver for Win2k is poor. Also the Asus Live capture program is incredibly weak. Single field captures of 352x240 at 29.97 fps while being forced to use the grainy Asus codec and still dropping frames is utter nonsense on a 900MHz platform. The VfW API has been replaced by the Windows Driver Model for one and one-half years. Asus software and support is terrible.

Feature this. The following applies to any GF with video input. To get analog video converted up to and beyond full frame (720x480x29.97) avi files with no dropped frames, use the nVidia WDM Capture Drivers 1.04 for Win2k with the excellent VirtualDub [/url] application. Avery Lee's choice of the PICVideo MJPEG codec is my choice, too. It is very fast. The video is as clean as the analog source. There are dozens of video filters available to ease the transition from TV to PC and back.

Finally my Asus GF2 GTS Deluxe video card has the full functionality I desired when I purchased it last year!