Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dapper Dan

Post your latest screenshot!

jimf43 and I thought it might be fun to have a thread here at Linuxcompatible.org where everyone could post a link to their latest screenshot!

By the way Jim sent his latest, showing IceWM under Mepis to the Mepis site, and they've posted it!

If you would like to post your latest, please do so here!

To start things off, here's one I put together last night showing IceWM under Fedora Core 1... smile

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/352713/mars2.jpg

Quote:
Lots of Jack Daniels in that one 8) !

Not true! I'm a George Dickel man all the way! Besides I was drinking scotch last night! laugh

I'll put together one a little more conservative and structured when I have some time! smile

It's in the Portage tree, you just emerge opera and you're away. There are a number of ebuilds covering proprietary and closed source stuff like that, stuff like WineX, VMWare even the proprietary drivers for nVidia and ATi graphics card. I think it's really cool that Gentoo provide this stuff instead of getting bogged down in licencing politics like other distros as it puts the choice in the users hands instead of just demanding they do things a certain way.

oh right.. fogot geocities doesnt allow linking to your pictures.. how stupid.. grr...

You can view those screenshots by right clicking on the link, choose "copy link location" and pasting it in your browser's address window..

Nice screens by the way Neus! smile

thanks dapperdan i made that because of add i was redoing the kernel in mandrake and was doing that at the same time not a bad idea combining debian and mandrake though i like mandebian

Admiral LSD, if you happen to read this could you please tell me about the info side bar you are using? I am running Mandrake 10 and would really like to have something like that on my desktop. Also, if anyone else knows of where to gwet something like that please let me know.

Thanks everyone!!!!

i was wondering bout that two is it distro specific or what

wait a second isnt that gates idea the new xp sidebar whats it doing in linux? or did he just copy it from linux

I haven't fooled with it much, but the latest Gnome (and I think KDE) allows you to set up toolbars in odd configurations. The more I see of the new Gnome desktop, the more I'm impressed by it. Gnome seems to be trying for some true inovations. On the other hand, KDE seems to be more interested in duplicating the Window$ look & functions. I think it will be the way databases are handled and integrated that will finaly decide the winner.

yup i only use gnome mainly because its the only one that has sound working but its so inivative kde does seem like its trying to copy windows but gnome is something new entirely

I know that back when I was using windows xp I had the smartbar xp installed. But now I know better and am using Linux smilesmilesmile Anyway, I would like to be able to have my system and fan temps as well as other stats located in a bar on the desktop like that. Very cool!!!

shadowmatrix your using mandrake 10 ce right because im missing like three things that isnt allowing it to work it does look very impressive.

what exactly does it do besides system monotoring

Originally posted by soulnothing:

Quote:
what exactly does it do besides system monotoring

Well nothing really, but it sure does look hot wink! Thanks for the tip guys. I'll have to post a screenshot later.

Also, found a new one 'lshw.' gives you a printout of the whole system parameters. Not flashy, but, very useful.

99 percent of the time I use IceWM, but occasionally I'll play around with Gnome...

gnomedesktop.jpg

smile