Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
newconsoles

CD Burning

I have XP RC1 (Haven't gotten any info on RC2 yet).

I was trying to make a CD using my Samsung 12X CD-R.

It said the CD was created successfully (using explorer). But, when I go to my computer it shows as blank. There is data on the CD. But, evidentally, the TOC is messed up.

Anyone else have this problem?

I tried to install Easy CD. But, all I have is 4.0 Gold. It says on the site that the only one that works with XCP is 5.0 Platinum

Use the instructions you got for downloading RC1. When you run the download, you'll get RC2, now.

Sorry, I meant MS Extreme. I was thinking Experience since that's what's on the XP CD.

Anyway, if you still dont know, it is a show that MS is putting on once a quarter across the country. The broadcast live and tell you about all of the new upcoming products. You get free stuff for listening.

I got Windows XP RC1, Map Point, a pen, a notebook, a hat, a shirt, some trial versions, and a bunch of coupons...

Thanks for that, but in in the UK so i doubt they'll put a show on for us, oh well...

Nero and Clonecd both working 100% here in RC2 (had to install Aspi layer to get Nero though)

All I had was Easy CD Creator 4.0 but it works fine for me after patching it up to 4.02 and then to 4.05. It gave me errors after starting windows until I installed the 4.05 patch.

I've also got a Samsung 12x writer, and have about the same problem... It doesn't seem to make any differense what program (nero, easy cd creator etc) I'm using, it sais something about "unable to fixate disc" and then it's practically unreadable..

Strange...

Some quotes from the Extreme website:

Q:Are there any giveaways?

A:Each attendee will be given a t-shirt at the end of the event in exchange for their completed evaluation form.

Q:Do we get free software?

A:No, there will not be any free software given out to attendees at eXtreme. There will be a raffle at the end of the event for several copies of Microsoft software

You are really a lucky raffle winner, son.