Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
yyyy38

under Fedora Linux Core 1 ,I can not connect to the internet

The OS can identify my network card,it is RTL-8139/8139c/8139c

+,however,I can not activate it .I use ADSL

note:My ISP automatically allocates an IP address everytime I log on.

Have you tried re-configuring it with redhat-config-network? Try activating your connection. If it fails, try deleteing your card's profile and go through the steps to re-configure, then try to activate it again. This has happened to me, and this is what I do, and it usually fixes it, provided there aren't issues with the card itself.

Quote:
Have you tried re-configuring it with redhat-config-network? Try activating your connection. If it fails, try deleteing your card's profile and go through the steps to re-configure, then try to activate it again. This has happened to me, and this is what I do, and it usually fixes it, provided there aren't issues with the card itself.

it do work under XP,I am now use XP i will try it later

Are you connecting up your box with a cat5 cable directly from the modem, or are you going through a router? It directly from a modem, what is the make and model. If a router, whate make and model? When your box is booting does it go:

eth0..................................[ok]

Is there a light on the back of your NIC card after booting up?

Don't worry, you'll get something working. These things take time to sort out.

I have the same problem.

I tried to check ifcfg and found the error message below:

line 25:[:too many arguments

line 26:[:-ge: unary operator expected

line 27:[:-ge: unary operator expected

line 28:[:-ge: unary operator expected

SIOCGIFFLAGS : No such device

./ifup:configuration for ppp0 not found

still trying to figure out what happened.

any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi,

Same Problem wat u r facing was faced by me in Redhat Linux 9. i m able to browse the computers in the network but not able to browse the internet, follow the steps wat i followed:

1. Activate u'r network card using "redhat-config-network" command and assign ip address and all its properties and save the changes u have made it.

2. Restart the service of network by using "service network restart" command.

3. Now open the web browser(for eg: Mozilla ) and go to Edit Menu and select "Preferences" and select "advanced" option and select "proxies" and select "socksv4" and select "manual configuration" and set the "full computer name" and click on "ok".

4. At this point i was abled to browse the internet, i hope u also got the result.

All the Best.