Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LaZZaR

Frontpage extensions on Win2k server SP2

I need to install Frontpage 2000 Server Extensions on my Win2k Server. However, when downloading the latest copy off the Microsoft website, it extracts its files, and ends with an error saying I can't install it on the machine since it was "designed" for SP1. I have SP2 installed.

When I installed SP2, I didn't check the "backup configuration" box.

So I'm stuck. I can't go back to SP1, and I don't want to reinstall Win2k all over again just to install the extensions. At the same time, I really need to install the extensions.

Any ideas as to how I can get them installed? Or anyone have any idea when Microsoft will release a new version of the extensions that will install on SP2?

I am not sure why that would happen, as I have installed those extensions on 3 Win2K SP2 servers without a problem. You can still get them from a copy of Frontpage however, and then just upgrade them later. Or, install the extensions from the Win2K CD. Go to Add/Remove Programs, and then select Windows Components. You can then install the extensions from there. These will be the Frontpage 2000 extensions.

Hey I have the exact same problem. i thought IIS got screwed on the last attack.

I will try that clutch. Athough i am pessimistic. will let you know.

MS Suggested that i upgrade to Office 2k SP2 first :))

I am betting you haven't either.

I can not test it right now since it requires Office CD and i am on TSC. will let you know what happens.

BTW administrative etc. extensions are running nicely it is for custom form etc components I am having trouble and IIS keeps saying extensions are of an old version.

They are saying that you need to upgrade to Office 2K SP2 on the server before the extensions will install? Odd, since I don't have office installed on my servers. And the clients that do have Office 2K installed are only SR-1a (as SP2 is a pain in the *** for our Palm Pilots).

well quite frankly i do not use FP extensions under any circumstance.

It is one customer who wanted author, admin etc stuff. so i started looking in to it. And last night dunno how but i sorted it.

I think application server was misconfigured. I do not think i ever needed those files since they were installed with nt.

Thx for understanding and help.

BTW One of my "monkey"'s spoke with the MS so he might not have been able to communicate his problem.

I am trying to train him but he got stuck on I want big banana (money) part! and does not look good.