Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BanditXL

Problems with Asus V7700 deluxe capturing

I've got a asus v7700 deluxe. The problem I've got with it is when I want to capture video from my VCR the video appears choppy. I've send a message to asus about this, but I'm hoping you guys can help me.

Here's the letter I send to asus which might explain some things:

Dear people of Asus,

I have recently bought a v7700 deluxe graphics card. It's a great card.

The reason that I'm writing to you is that when I use the video-in on this card, the video is very choppy with video drivers other than the v6.49 drivers delivered with the card. I've tryed other drivers from either you (Asus) or nvidia with the same result, the video in asus-live is very choppy. The reason I want to use a different driver is that the v6.49 has some issues with some games. Here are some of the drivers I've tryed: v12.40, v8.03 and the v7.76 drivers for the geforce 2 GTS from nvidia. I've also tryed the v6.49 (the only drivers that seems to be working), v12.60(beta driver) and the v12.90(beta driver) from Asus. I'm ussing the VIA 4 in 1 drivers (The latest one. I don't know the version nummber).

Here are some specs of the system I'm running:

Asus V7700 deluxe

AMD Thunderbird 1200 MHZ

MSI-K7t pro 2a (VIA KT133)

western-digital 20 gb hdd

Unex 100 mbps ethernet card

Soundblaster-live player 1024

Rockwell 56k6 modem

Creative 52x speed CDROM drive

Iomega 100 MB zip-drive

For every hardware device in my system I'm ussing the latest drivers (except for the asus V7700 deluxe. I'm ussing the v6.49 because of the issues with it). Also I'm ussing the 4.6 beta 5 asus-live program with the v1.3 capture driver (I've tryed the 4.6 with the v1.1 capture driver too, with no result). The standard we use here in the Netherlands is PAL-BGHI. I'm ussing a video recorder to change channels so I can see TV on my computer. The video recorder I'm ussing is a Phillips VR 610, but I don't think the problem leis there because I tryed different video recoders too.

I hope you can help me with my problem because I've tryed about every thing that comes to mind. I've tryed every setting with the video-card driver and the ausus live program.

Please help me!

Yours sincerely,

Bouwe Postma

I hope there's someone in here that had the same problem and solved it. If anyone has any suggestion please post them. Any help is welcome.

-BanditXL

sure I got the solution for you its simple.

you have either not selected the right compression or any at all for that matter

and your trying to capture at to high of a resolution for your computer to keep up with it.

Here lemme find u the link for the divx comrpession. Im guessing your somewhat new to video capturing so trust me when I tell you that DIVX is the best compression algorithim on the market it spanks anything asus or anybody else has.

http://go.to/doom9

Thanks for your reply JimmyK.

Dang I miss stated the Issue the whole letter now I have to re-post it frown.

The problem I'm having is with the live option within asus-live the capturing part works fine but, when I switch too the Live function (The I just want to watch TV on my computer option :)) the video turns choppy even if I set it too the lowest resolution. The most Of you would tell me right now to use the capturing instead, but the capturing is doesn't support fullscreen wich I preffer to use.

Maybe this explains my problem better.

And again any help is welcome.

hmmm veeeery interesting my friend... Im thinking but nothings coming to me just yet....

oh what about this. The card has to be dedicated to doing one thing at a time I heard. R u sure ur not utilizing an the other features on the card at the same time? For example if Im playing a 3d game and I start another 3d game by mistake they will both work with full 3d hardware acceleration but both are choppy as hell.

Lemme thnk about it and Ill try to get back to u soon.

Asus Video for Windows capture driver for Win2k is poor. Also the Asus Live capture program is incredibly weak. Single field captures of 352x240 at 29.97 fps while being forced to use the grainy Asus codec and still dropping frames is utter nonsense on a 900MHz platform. The VfW API has been replaced by the Windows Driver Model for one and one-half years. Asus really bites at software and support.

Now hear this. This applies to any GF with video input. To get analog video converted up to and beyond full frame (720x480x29.97) avi files with no dropped frames, use the nVidia WDM Capture Drivers 1.04 for Win2k with the excellent VirtualDub [/url] application. Avery Lee's choice of the PICVideo MJPEG codec is my choice, too. It is very fast. The video is as clean as the analog source. There are dozens of video filters available to ease the transition from TV to PC and back.

Finally my Asus GF2 GTS Deluxe video card has the full functionality I desired when I purchased it last year!

The file was available at http://www.m3dzone.com until the site went into a heavy reconstruction mode. They claim that they shall reopen soon. Earlier reports indicated that they would open by last Tuesday.

If they are not open by the weekend, then send me an e-mail address where I can send you the 720KB zipped driver file.

Mark Berlinger

mailto:luigi2000@earthlink.net