Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tiziano

Unable to run Quicktime on Windows 2000

Hello All

It's me again, I just installed quicktime in my PC running Windows 2000 with Service Pack 2. When I attempt to run quicktime, Windows responds "program generating to many errors please reboot you computer"

My PC is a stand alone Machine with no connection to the internet. Could this be the Problem?

I have also tried a demo program called Blaze Media Pro which runs most multimeadia files. This program works fine except when I want to load quicktime files. Anyone know why? and is W2k anti quicktime?

Thanks for your time

Regards....joe.t

Win2k runs fine with QT. What version are you running? 4.0 and up runs fine under Win2k, and I've heard something about version 5.0 out, but I'm not sure if that's beta or not...

I personally don't think it's a problem with the internet, so long as you have downloaded the actual file and not a link to the target file.

I have tried version 4 and 5 with the same

results. I'll remove service pack 2 and

see if it works.

Thanks for your reply

Regards...joe.t

I had the same probs a little while back. It seems to be fixed with the latest quicktime 5 update, which I think is 5.0.2. Don't take this as gospel, but my QT5 updated to this version and everything is good now.

I have version 5.0.2, I have removed SP2 changed

my HD to Fat 32 and still no good. I also downloaded a program called Blaze which plays

multimedia programs. This program will run but will not run quicktime files.

I'm baffeled. Could it be Mainboard related?

Regards...Joe frown

I can't see how the filesystem could possibly be the cause of your QT troubles. I also don't believe it's any hardware issue, but don't throw that completely out yet.

I do wonder tho if you installed QT from a CD. If so, two things that could be a problem are the CD-ROM lens is dirty--run a cleaning disc in it to fix, or the CD itself is scratched--that can be repaired with a disc repair kit.