Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BlaZeR2

Monster Truck Madness 2

Okay, I know this is an old game, but it is pretty slick to play every now and again. Anyway, I noticed on the compatibility sheets, that someone said it plays fine. SO I tried to install it, and I get an error when trying to install, everytime. EUB334.exe caused and error...blah, blah blah....

Does anyone know what I need to do to install this game. Thanks

Win 2k with all updates

Dual 550

768 MB Ram

other stuff

some other stuff

and some crap

BlaZeR2

Thanks

how does the patch help if it doesn't even install? I am having the same issue.

Yeah,

I already had that installed when trying to install the game. Unfortunately, when trying to install the game, Setup.exe has no problems, it is a secondary executable that causes issues. This file cannot be found on the cd, so there is no way to run it under compatibility mode.

The odd thing is, MTM2 installs and plays just fine on Windows XP without messing with the compatablity settings

BlaZeR2

behold the power of Windows NT!!!!

Try this, it may actually work. Since MTM2 is made by microsoft, it should be compatible with NT/2k! If you get weird errors under 2k, a possible cure is to make a shortcut to the set up file (or the game .exe file, whatever...), and apply the compatibility thingy to "Windows NT SP5". You'd be surprised how many games/programs seems to "like" windows NT as opposed to windows 2000 or even 9x/Me! Of coarse, this means you need to have installed BOTH SP2 and the application compatibility update (the latest version is 1.5 or 1.7 - I'm not sure). Both of those are available from the Microsoft web site for free.

So give that a shot. I know for a FACT the game should work under Windows NT so this trick may actually work!

good luck!

The reason why you don't have to mess with the compatibility for MMM in XP is probly because XP's compatibility is more updated, I'll look at what changes were added to XP and see if porting the Compatibikity files to 2000 fixes it.

Okay, i will try to explain this again.

I have the sp2 and the newest compatibility app installed. I make a shortcut to the setup program on the cd, then adjust the compatibility mode for the shortcut, run the shortcut (whichs runs without the need for compatibility stuff) and it starts installing. Right before it actually begins copying files to my harddrive, i get an error in a difference exe file (i.e., not the setup program) The file appears to be a exe file that the setup program calls during the install. I have searched for this file on the cd, but can't find it. So i can't change the compatibility for the called file because i can't find it and cannot make a shortcut to it.

and it creates this error whether i run the setup.exe with compatibility mode on or off.

BlaZeR2

Thanks for the help and advice smile

looks like your CD may have turned bad on you! If its an original (legitimate) CD, Microsoft may help you get a replacement for a relatively resonable price. Call up their customer service number.

I would check to make the CD is not scratched or corrupted, then ask Microsoft for a replacement if it is.

:-)

good luckcool

i thought that the cd might be bad too, but it will install fine in Xp and Me. - so that kinda ruled that possibility out

unfortunately... (that was an easy fix) It is the original cd...

I don't know why i care so much, it is an old game, but it was fun in its prime, thought it might be fun to play agian.

BlaZeR2