Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ThC 129

How Long will it take creative to make XP drivers??

1. 1. Sharepoint migration 2010

• Migrating to Sharepoint 2010

Everyone who has a live!card is familiar with Creative's great End-User support so here is a poll to see how long it will take creative to make a live!ware xp. After their Live!Ware fiasco with 2k and the final release of Live!ware 3 for windows 2000 i think it will take them at least a solid year if not longer to get decent drivers for XP. Asking for GOOD drivers is too much.

Who cares about Liveware? They release individual drivers all the time.

a lot of people do because its supposed to be part of their soundcards package. I mean its like buying a car and only getting the front 2 seats. yeah they work fine but don't people want the whole deal?

Quote:

Who cares about Liveware? They release individual drivers all the time.

The only way you can enable digital output or configure the soundcard for 4+ speakers is by using LiveWare.

:|

Strange. My Creative 5.1 Digital speakers work june fine with the WDM Drivers. All 5 speakers.

i recently aquired a sblive value, where did you get your speakers and how much were they?

Yup, I even have digital support With Win DVD with the built in drivers. Man DVDs sound great again in 5.1 surround:D laugh Had to give up the Encore decoder though:(

Live player and later Live cards come with liveware3 in the cd. Btw, what's wrong with liveware3 for w2k in XP?

Hehe. Now I'm glad with my Fortissimo sound card. I can install the drivers on it without a problem---no Via southbridge problems, lock ups, slowdowns and the like.

Creative better come out with them for XP, otherwise they could piss off a lot more people than they already have now.

That's why I rid myself of that card. I really enjoyed it until Win2000 came out and it's like they didn't give a da@m about 2000 users. I honestly think they have a new card coming out, that's why the drivers are dried up. They only half a@s supported it up until now, and they will probably rollout their next card by Christmas with a "Full Support for Windows XP" sticker on it. They lost me as a customer.

To the guy who was enquiring about the creative surround sound speakers i got a great deal at my site atm

Creative DTT 2200 surround sound speakers (5 speakers, 1 Sub)

£74.99

great way to get surround sound at a afordable price

anyway just to let you know

cya