Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dcxman

Win2K Adv. Srvr licensing?

Hi guys!

I just wanted to apologize in advance if I have put this message in the wrong area.

I have an issue with Win2K Advanced Server. The copy was originally just a 10 licensed copy so when asked how many licenses I would like on the installation I put in 9999. The install completed successfully with Active Directory but when more than 10 people try to use the network shares the 11th person goin on craps out with a message telling him that access is denied due to licenses being exceeded or to something of that effect. No matter how many more licenses I add on, the same result occurs. With old NT 4 you were able to add on licenses without a problem. What do or how do I go about attaining more licenses without reinstalling? If I have to call and purchase somewhere to attain the licenses, I wouldn't mind the phone # as well.

I am about to launch my Dell PE 2300 through the wall!!!

I am greatly indebted to anyone that can give a remedy.

Thanx again.

I always use per seat since we have multiple servers, but you can call places like CDW (www.cdw.com) or check pricewatch (www.pricewatch.com) for licensing online. However, I would try to reduce the number of licenses to 100 or something to that effect and see what happens.

You can change the Licensing to "Per Seat" without reinstalling. This will fix your prob.

Ther is a same issue in SQL.

Before adding new licences you first have to lower the amount of licences to what was intended 10.

Then go to control panel and add more.