Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HELLBRINGER

DAMN CD-ROM taking Drive letters from new partitions! Err!

I recently added 2 new partitions to my hard drive.

This is all on my Western Digital 7200RPM ATA100 40GB

Partition 0 is my System Drive and is ~3GB

Pertition 1 is my Data Drive and is ~25GB (Drive D use to be 32GB until I added new partitions)

Partition 2 (NEW) is my Games Drive and is ~8.5GB

Partition 3 (NEW) is my Secure Drive and is ~1GB

I have noticed ever since I installed my drive I am missing about 7GB!!! It detects my drive as ~33GB drive. It is a 40. This is not an issue but I thought I would mention that if anyone can help me get my full 40GB or close anyway.

My problem is, since I added these 2 new partitions that my CD-ROM remains drive E. And my two new partitions are forced after my CD-ROM for drive letters. So I did the following.

I removed the CD-ROM from Windows Control Panel and the completely removed the drive and unplugged it completely. Then I used Partition Magic 6 to change Drive F and G (Games and Secure) to drive E and F. And hoping the CD-ROM would go to G. The drives renamed fine, except when Windows booted back up and the CD-ROM installed, it took drive E again and the partitions were kicked back to F and G.

How do I get my CD-ROM to go after my partitions? It's not big deal, but it looks stupid having a CD-ROM drive in the middle of all yer other drives.

Thank you.

Right click My Computer, Manage, Storage, Disk Management. The drives appear on the lower right on grey background. Right click drive and change its driver letter.

I will try that. I wonder why I didnt know that. I fish around in there all the time.... Hmm... Musta not striked my mind.

Thanks!