Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Down8

Anyone for volume licensing?

From: http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/newsroom/piracy/productactivationfaq.asp

Quote:

Which customers will be required to activate?

All customers who purchase retail packaged products or a new PC from an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) will be required to activate the software. The software on a new PC from an OEM may be activated in the factory. Product activation will not be required for licenses acquired by a customer through one of Microsoft?s volume licensing programs such as Open License or Select License. Volume licensing programs can scale to even the smallest of businesses, as customers can qualify for the Microsoft Open License program by acquiring as few as five product licenses. More information is available at Microsoft?s business licensing Web site.

Any one in for a 'group-buy' type of thing, so we can avoid that little extra bit of trouble with activation? I have a feeling MS's Volume Licensing is going to show a little increase in sales with WinXP's release. I'm pretty sure I can get 4 friends together who would be down for this, once we finish setting up our "business".

-bZj

much like the Select version of Windows 2000 in which you didn't have to enter a cd key. let's hope when the RTM gets here someone will get their hands on a similar "Select/Corporate" version and leak it to the rest of us.

Wow. That's a pretty sweet deal. I don't like the thought of having to re-activate often cuz I am prone to doing massive hardware upgrades roughly once a year. I also wanna install it on both me computers.

Business license, here I come! laugh

Mike

what's the point of the activation process if you can just burn the "corporate edition" of win xp?

While avoiding any talk of w4r3z, I prefer the business licensed copies, because it is routine for me to reinstall evey three months. I don't mind reinstalling all my programs, and this clears out those I don't use anymore. From what I've read, you will get an estimated five (5) installs/activations before having to call MS each time. Well, this gives me one year of not dealing with phone calls, before I have to make a grip. I do so love my business licensed copy of Win2K Server.:D

-bZj