Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ironman666

Unreal Tournament crashes after its been closed

hi everyone. i have a weird problem which is beginning to frustrate me now. i have a 650 Duron, 128meg pc100 ram, voodoo3 3000 AGP, 7ZX Giga-byte board, built-in sound, 3com nic, and Windows 2000 Pro (of course). I have been playing UT for a while and i've noticed that it "crashes" after i quit the game. this doesn't happen EVERY single time i quit, but it happens more then it should (if i played 5 times a day, for example, UT would "crash" 3 times out of the 5 when i quit). this never happended in win98, win98se, or winME. i don't experience any probs while playing, only when i quit. i have my resolution for both my desktop and UT set for 1024x768. i've tried lowering UT's resolution to 800x600 and 640x480 just to see if the res was causing probs. but that wasn't the case. does anyone know what might be going? i have dx8a and the voodoo3 3000 drivers from www.3dfx.com (i haven't tried leaked/tweaked drivers mainly cause of past experience). if you need any more info to possibly explain what's going on then please ask and i'll be glad to give it. thanks in advance!!!

-Syed Ahmad

p.s. when i say "crash" i am referring to the dr.watson screen that comes up. it says that unrealtournamen.exe cause a page fault. it is listed in the winnt32.log (if that helps).

I've had that happen too, but I've got a GF2 MX. Try reinstalling UT over itself, and then patch it up to v436. If that doesn't work, uninstall UT, reboot, reinstall, then patch to v436.

UT seems to be picky about ram and the page file. As long as it's not crashing in the game, I guess it's not that big of a deal...but it is sure annoying as hell.

I had the exact same problem a while ago, system: PIII 800 EB, abit be6-2 rev1, 512 MB RAM,geforce ddr, SBLIVE value,...

A few months ago i disabled drwatson by doing the following:

start--> run--> in the run box type "drwtsn32"

uncheck everything, and clear the error list, click ok and you're all set. I didn't get the UT error since then.

Same Dr Watson Problem with UT. Upgrading to 256K Ram cured the problem as well as giving the whole game a large performance boost:

AMD K6III - 450

Voodoo 5500

256K 100Mhz PC RAM

TMC TVG+ Mobo

However now I have TBird 1200 same RAm but Epox Mobo 8KTA3+ (no RAID)I have the same problem with FS II Pacific Theatre so apart form disabling Dr Watson any suggestions? All drivers, Bios etc up to date.