Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Devildog

3DMark 2000 Scores in WinXP Pro RC1

Anyone tried 3DMark 2000 with XP Pro RC1? Sure, the score is still acceptable, but it's almost 1000 points lower than under Win2k or Win98SE!

Using the Det 12.41 (WHQL) and 4 in 1 drivers under 98 and Win2k, I was getting somewhere in the area of 7000 (+ - 75) 3dmarks, but under XP, I am looking more in the area of 6000 (almost a flat 6000, but never under). Whats up with that?

My Configuration is as follows

Athlon T-Bird 1000 (not overclocked)

Leadtek Geforce 2 GTS 32 MB (not overclocked)

Microstar K7T Pro 2-A

WD 30 gig ATA100 hard drive

Sony 8x4x32 burner

Creative 2x DVD Rom

RealTek PCI 10/100 NIC

Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

512MB PC133 CAS 2 Memory

Check in device manager under system devices for cpu to agp controller. If it's the ms 2505 one install the via AGP 4.05c driver.

Then rebenchmark

Well, after finding the 4.05c driver on VIAHardware.com , I tried to install them - no go - program kept closing maybe 1/4 of the way into the install. So, I ran it in Win2k compatibility mode and it installed fine.

After that I re-benchmarked and only squeezed an additional 200 3dMarks of out 3dMark 2000. I guess I need to dig into my bios now and see what else I can do - I did a flash to the most recent bios for my motherboard just prior to doing the install, and lord knows what has changed - everything may have gone back to default!

Devildog

if you want to install VIA stuff, make sure the setup.exe file in exectued in win2k compatibilty mode