Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mike3411

Good PCI Video Card for TV-out / multimonitor

I am currently using a GeForce AGP video card to output to a single monitor in Windows 2000. I plan on buying a second monitor to set up multimonitor, and I also plan on moving my TV in to the room with my computer, and outputting to the TV from my computer. I think the best way to accomplish this is to buy a new PCI video card with a good TV out. I can use Win2k's ability to use two video cards for multimonitor (with the desktop spread between the two), and use the second video card for TV out. My questions are these:

1) Would this work? Does Win2k allow complete control over the second video card (TV out, etc.) without messing with the primary card (can I, for example, split my desktop between a TV and a PC monitor using the above setup?)?

2) What would be the best card to do this? I plan on using it mainly for playing DVD's, but it must support high resolutions, and I would like at least decent 3D acceleration. Most importantly, the drivers should be rock solid.

3) Would it be better to simply replace my current main video card with new video card that supports two monitors with a TV out? Are there any cards that do this?

Thanks so much!

-Mike