Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CyberDoc999

Netscape version 6 and 6.1 does not Install under windows XP

Could you elaborate on that?

Was there an error message? Did it install and not run? Have you tried Mozilla?

-bZj

I honestly don't know why people still use netscape... it's cluttered with big, colorful, useless buttons. IE6 is much cleaner.

You still haven't answered my questions: Does it crash when you double click the installer? Was there an error message? Does the Netscape page say it won't work with XP? Do you understand the words that are coming out of my keyboard?

And, anyone not owned by MS[:D], and tempted to try Netscape, I'd send you to use Mozilla, instead. Much cleaner, less bugs than NS, no AOL branding. And, both are skinable, so if you think it's not pretty with either of the shipped skins, you can get new ones. I prefer the Modern Moz skin to IE's interface anyday though.

-bZj

yes Netscape 6 crashes and gives an illegal

when you try to install it!!!!!!!

what difference does it make what the exact message is.... It will not install and there is

no way around it!!!!

calm the f*uck down man, listen, if it don't work, it don't work, yada yada yada.....it's not like IE5 isn't good enough for you to surf with.

Actually the first time I ran it, it crashed, so I ran setup again and it installed correctly. The reason I downloaded it was because I needed it for school. (don't ask)

Oh my God! You got it working? But I thought, "It will not install and there is no way around it!!!!" You must be a 1337 h4x0r. Do you work for Microsoft? ;(

Yeah, I thought it could be done. Thanks for the info Psycho, glad to hear it works.

-bZj

No, I'm not a hacker. All I did was run the setup and got the illegal op or whatever the hell it was. Then I just ran the install again without even rebooting and for some reason it worked.