Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mooxooh

How to make dialup connection remember username / password?

Hey there!

I want my dialup connection to remember my username and password - but they seem to be stored only for the current session, after restarting windows (2495) i have to enter them again..

I remember slightly that there was a similar issue in some other windows os where it was not possible to store passwords / dialup accounts, but i don't remember the solution - maybe so can help me out

Thanks in advance

go to Start, All Programs, Startup.... you might see "reset.bat", this means you are using a reset crack for XP, i, and many others, have this problem, there is no know fix for this than to try using a non-reset crack (if you can find one that works well), other than that you'll have to keep typig in your L & P.

I found a workaround that works for me (doesn't mean it's gonna work for YOU but it's worth a try wink

From what i been told is the first time u use the patch (reset and popup)it basically captures your registery settings (or something like that) .. now most ppl do this just after they installed winxp (makes sence cause that's when the evaluation starts) .. this also means in MOST casses that they haven't set there DUN settings (password/username etc etc)yet ..

What i did is install winxp then did my DUN settings rebooted and THEN run the patch .. the point of all this is that it captures the registery AFTER the DUN setting have been done .. so everytime u run the reset patch after that it will restore your registery making windows believe it's day 1 of the evaluation .. BUT this time it will also include your DUN settings.

Another option could be to do the patching after the winxp install then setting your DUN and then running the patch again (haven't tested this). Anyways hope this help some of u guys out .. cause it gets pretty anoying retyping your password over and over again.

Good luck laugh

p.s. Maybe i did not explane this correct .. but who cares as long as it works (for me at least;) ooh yeah and sorry for the crappy english

LazyEnc ....try to use the script files....i tried it and it works