Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
askii64

DirectX 6 for NT 4

Well, here I am again talking about DirectX... I downloaded a (not so) little file from http://www.supportweb.dk/download/microsoft/nt4/directx5/ today called nt4dx6.zip and it is DirectX 6 for NT, just like it says. It is probably alot like the DX5 hack, but I've yet to check it out so I don't know yet. Here's a copy of the readme.txt file in the zip file:

Read and understand this before you patch your system :

----------------------------------------------------------

MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE YOU INSTALL THIS DIRECTX 6.0 UPDATE !

----------------------------------------------------------

This is a UNofficial version of DirectX 6 to Windows NT 4.0.

The latest official version from Microsoft is DirectX 3.0

(included in Service Pack 3, SP3). The creator of the DX6

version is not known - but hey - it works like a charm.

- Unzip nt4dx6.zip

- Run DirectX60nt.exe

- Game until you drop ;-)

Cheers...

Check it out if you want.

Be careful. I remember there was a so called DirectX6 package for NT 4.0 that contents only the .dlls from the Windows 95/98 Version.

I installed it, but after installing the 5.0 version, just so incase it didn't have all the files. I went into the DX control panel and it proudly states that I have DirectX version -1. Yes, negative one. It works OK for now, haven't noticed any problems(yet). I'll report back after trying a few games.

Sorry for bring this old topic to live. But i am in a big need of dirtrex 6 for a NT 4 system. I'm a hardware Collector. and am making one of the most powerfull 1998 PC build And i need DX 6 for NT 4.0. and when the download link dont work anymore, i relly dont know what to do. please help :D

Sorry for bring this old topic to live. But i am in a big need of dirtrex 6 for a NT 4 system. I'm a hardware Collector. and am making one of the most powerfull 1998 PC build And i need DX 6 for NT 4.0. and when the download link dont work anymore, i relly dont know what to do. please help :D