Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rbduck

WinXP and HP Photosmart P1000 printer

HP doesn;t have a driver for the Photo Smart P100 preinter..If any of you guys know of anyone with 3rd party drivers that might work, let me know. I tried win 200 drivers...no go

Ive noticed this problem with the newer builds of XP on my P1100. Xp isn't letting the drivers install because they are incompatible. But this wasnt a problem in the other builds XP would let you "continue anyway". If anyone knows a work-around give a yell. Had to revert from 2505 to 2495 BAD frown

Right Guy. Thats the exact same problem I'm having. I'm running 2505 right now and I'm not going backward for a few days to see if there is some kind of work around...I've taked to HP and they said watch for a XP driver somewhere arounf Christmas......Drat

Installing my usb p1000 as a 940c seems to get printing working at least. I tested 2400 x 1200 photo printing as well as 300 x 300 and 600 x 600 and it all seems to be working. A bit of banding on photo printing but its almost indiscernable from the actual drivers under win2k. The only down side is the inability to read my flash cards through the printer. Oh well. I can read em through the nikon so its no biggy for now. If this is the only issue I have with RC1 then I'll take it. Sure beats the BSODs with NVidias drivers and the no login with SBLIVE when Win2k was in beta. laugh

Thanks for the info..That works just like you said. I've been running rc-1 since it came out and this is the only problem I've had.

Hya all, I have the photosmart p1000 driver. Only 1 small problem. i just got a new Mob and new hardrive. 1 reason I am visiting this site is beacuse I ran in to the same prob yall have . I didnt know that HP will remove the driver at their site. I thought I could "Google" it and get it now I have to get it from my old HD. I need to transfer data from old HD to another. I have the driver in a compressed zip in my old HD . So as soon as i get it to transfer my old files to new Hd Ill post my email addy so yall can get it.

Fab