Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GTwannabe

W2k forgets window settings?

For some reason, W2k randomly forgets its folder settings and reverts all the icons to large (instead of my preferred list). Win98 did the same thing before I upgraded, and I thought that took care of it...

It must be registry related, because 98 ate its own registry, and would randomly revert the registry during boots. I disabled scanreg to solve that.

Is there a good tool I can use to keep my registry in tact? I have MS Regclean, but it doesn't do much good (fixes 2-3 things first time thru, then run again and finds stuff it missed)

Yeah I have this problem too. I dont know if it is a bug or an registry error, or perhaps a memory leak. Who knows but I cant fix this problem and it is annoying.

And another thing that is annyoing that I havent figured out yet. Passwords are just screwed up in dial-up netowking if you save them. They dont work and have more characters. WTF!?

RAS showing more characters is a security feature, so that any onlookers don't actually no how longs the password is.

Well I say feature, might be just a bug, but it always works for me even though the password is shown has being longer then what it is.

I had similar problems with it not saving the PW's for Dial-ups. I don't remember exactly how I fixed it, but I'm pretty sure it involved binding Client for Microsoft Networks to each dial-up profile.

I have the same problem. Have had it with every version of Windows.

Somewhere along the line it forgets your folder settings and especially your window position.

God, After all this time they still can't get it right.

I am getting so pissed of with Win 2k. It is so damn buggy. Jesus this is meant to be a corporate OS for fuks sake!

1) Windows 2000 is released. It has many new features and an appalling amount of bugs.

2) Service pack 1 is released. It corrects an amazing amount of bugs. Microsoft admit immediatly that many 'unresolved issues' (read BUGS!)need to be corrected.

3)Server pack 2 is released. It corrects a rediculous amount of bugs and infamously creates many more.