Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
outstream

how to setup vc++

hi all

does any one knows how to setup vc++ in linux, or does any body know about a complete IDE for vc++ on linux platforms

Thanks

You want Visual C++ in Linux? Your using the wrong operating system :x Regardless, it may run under WINE, I have never had the urge to try it. In all honesty, EMACS is my favorite editor for coding. Anjuta and KDevelop are also extremely nice and probably the closest to VC++ you'll find. For GUI development you'll want to use QT designer and/or Glade, then do the rest of your developing in one of the aforementioned IDEs. Borland also allows you to download a personal addition of CBuilderX which is a nice C++ IDE as well. There are lots of choices. If you need anything else just let me know.

Regards,

Steve

Visual C++?

I want you to march into that classroom and punch your professor right in the face!

Anyway, yeah, look into Qt and Java. C++ is stoneage, man. Java is where it's at.

I promise if you get to working with Netbeans (http://www.netbeans.org), you won't go back.

chewy[/url]

hi

Quote:
Anjuta and KDevelop are also extremely nice and probably the closest to VC++ you'll find

yeah i heard about kdevelop and installed it from distro`s cd, but it didnt work, some packages shifted were not right. i have downloaded its latest version from its site. will try to installe it and work around with it.

Quote:
I want you to march into that classroom and punch your professor right in the face!

Anyway, yeah, look into Qt and Java. C++ is stoneage, man. Java is where it's at.

I promise if you get to working with Netbeans (http://www.netbeans.org), you won't go back.

yeah i`m into java aswell, well atleast i have learned it one step higher than the beginner level. just want to setup vc++ because i am going to face a programming course in this semester and they are teaching vc++ in it.

anyways

thanks for replies LnxAddct & chewmanfoo