Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HELLBRINGER

Dial-Up Networking Save Password duplicates characters!

Hi there. I want my DSL line to automatically login when my system starts up in Windows. So I turned on the save password to do so. It automatically logs in, but the problem is that the password seems to be "duplicated" and typed in twice when I do save password. I don't know why it is doing it. But it is, a 9 character password is then copied and typed in two times making the password incorrect when my DSL tries to log in.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Not sure if this is what you mean, but Win2k will always put more stars than the actual characters in the password. This is just a way to hide the length of the password from people who shouldn't know. I think it usually puts 15 or 20 stars. It *should* still be the correct password underneath, so try leaving it alone and see if it logs in ok...

Well thats stupid. I have tried letting it go but the password is wrong. It does duplicate it. Or close to it. It doesnt work trust me I have been messing with it for months.

Well is there a way to fix it? Cause what is the point of save password it it saves it wrong?

It's still doing this. Does anyone else have this problem? It needs to be fixed, it is throughly annoying.