Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RussellWild

Those who've ordered the Preview Program (esp. in the UK)

Hello folks:

I ordered my copy of the preview from Microsoft UK's website and although it showed a confirmation page, I haven't received the usual "Order Complete" email from them. Is this normal?

Regards,

Russell

I to ordered my copy of the WinXP preview from Microsoft UK's website, and i also did'nt receive the usual "Order Complete" email.

I can't remember if this happened when i ordered the Win 2000 cpp but when i got the Win 2000 disks i got 2 copies of everthing '2 X beta3, 2 X RC1, and 2 x 120 Eval both Pro/server, and my credit card was NEVER BILLED wink

Thanks for the information fishy2k, that has put my mind at rest. I wouldn't mind if they don't decide to charge my card either, but we'll have to see LOL!

With regards,

R

I wondered exactly the same thing so I e-mailed Microsoft UK and thus is the response I got from them:

SNIP -----------------------

Dear Mr. Bookless

Thank you for contacting the Microsoft® U.K. Beta Programme regarding Microsoft® Preview Programme® software.

I can confirm that we have recieved the Microsoft® Windows® XP Beta order that you placed . We are currently awaiting stock to arrive for this product and until such a time no payment will be taken from your credit card.

We currentlty anticipate that fulfillment of all pre-orders will be around mid July, although,as yet, we do not have a final confirmation on an exact date.

In order to evaluate Microsoft® Windows® XP within the UK, it will require you waiting for the Beta CD to be sent to you.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us

Yours sincerely,

David Treanor

Beta Contact Executive

Microsoft Connection

Same here really, i signed up 4 the UK preview a couple of weeks back. Had nothing at all yet from microsoft. As it could be a few more weeks b4 we get our cds, i'm downloading a copy now. Only 12 hours 2 go *sighs* This is the 3rd copy now i've tried to get. I downloaded 90% of 2495 b4 the site was pulled, then 20% of RC1. Now i'm getting a rather old 2464 version. I'm stuck on a humble 56k modem here. We can't get ADSL or CABLE in this part of Wales